PIT - Allegheny County Airport Authority : Background
Allegheny County Airport Authority | Background
Becoming an Authority
In November 1999, Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airports changed from being managed under the Allegheny County Department of Aviation to the Allegheny County Airport Authority.
The Allegheny County Airport Authority operates both airports and is dedicated to the safety and security of passengers, employees and all other users of the airport. The Airport Authority oversees all aspects of airport operations including new development, environmental issues, airline and tenant management as well as airfield operations.
Art in the Airport
Click for more details.
The Allegheny County Airport Authority’s Mission :
To provide exceptional customer service in a safe, secure, and cost competitive airport environment through the commitment, innovation and expertise of our employees.
Provide “Access to the World” by delivering excellence in all that we do.
- Safety and security as our highest priority.
- An ethical, professional and fiscally responsible organization.
- Respect, empowerment and development of all Authority employees as contributors to our business success.
- Assisting the region’s economic development and employment opportunities.
- Delivering the highest level of customer service.
- The interests of the community and the environment.
- Opportunities to enhance our long-term business plans.