PIT - Flight Information : Booking Tips
Finding the best airfare is just one more way to make your trip more enjoyable! Follow these recommendations to find your affordable travel accommodations that won’t cost you a fortune.
- The Allegheny County Airport Authority promotes discount fares for travelers at Pittsburgh International Airport. Click on the fare saver to check out the latest specials on flights from Pittsburgh International Airport.
- The Fare Saver page also has links to each of the airlines operating from Pittsburgh so that you can easily connect to airlines’ websites to find more great travel deals!
- Sign up for our Discount Fares e-Newsletter on the home page, delivered straight to your inbox every two weeks to receive the latest information and special travel deals from the airlines at Pittsburgh International Airport. Discount Fares contains news and great deals on flights so you'll never miss an unbeatable sale again.
- Many airlines offer their own weekly e-newsletter to offer you special flight packages right to your inbox. Visit the airline’s website for more details and to sign up for the email updates. You will find a link to each of the airlines operating from Pittsburgh International Airport at the fare saver.
Tips to Remember When Booking Your Flight
- If you are shopping for a flight using fare search engines website such as Kayak, Travelocity or Orbitz, remember that no single website will always have the best price. Shop around for the best deal and be patient.
- Always check the airline’s website too. If you are using a fare search engine website, double-check the same flight on the airline’s official website. Often times, the airline has a better or comparable price.
- Be flexible with your flight times. Try flying on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday rather than on weekends. The busier times are often Monday, Friday and during holiday travel.
- Generally speaking, you often get a cheaper fare by booking early.
- Always compare like with like:
- First, watch out for taxes, surcharges and fees.
- Secondly, some airlines are more comfortable (offering seat allocation, food and drinks) so price is not always the only factor.