WHAT: Pittsburgh International Airport is helping travelers stay fit and healthy on the go with the return of Fit2Fly from Monday, June 5 to Friday, June 9, 2017. Fit2Fly week includes a series of health and wellness activities – including healthy dining options, a free yoga session and fit-friendly giveaways – to encourage passengers to embrace wellness while traveling.
WHEN: Activities scheduled at the AirMall at Pittsburgh International Airport during Fit2Fly week include:
- Monday, June 5: Pinkberry smoothie samplings from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 7: “Come Ready Nutrition” Clean Bar sampling and giveaway at The Strip Market from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 8: Designated Fit2Fly Day
- Free yoga sessions from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Center Core near the video wall
- A Fit2Fly team will hand out free fit-friendly tip cards and gear including water bottles, yoga mats and jump ropes.
- Blume Honey Water sampling at The Strip Market from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, June 9: A Fit2fly team will hand out water bottles, jump ropes, Nutri-Grain bars and DefensePac kits from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. while encouraging passengers to “Walk the Airport” on the airport walking trail.
XpresSpa will offer special discounts and promotions all week.
DETAILS: Pittsburgh International Airport joins Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport to celebrate Fit2Fly week. Travelers can also share their favorite tips for staying healthy while traveling on social media using #Fit2Fly.
About Allegheny County Airport Authority:
Allegheny County Airport Authority, which manages Pittsburgh International Airport and Allegheny County Airport, is committed to increasing air service, improving customer service and inspiring growth in the Pittsburgh region.
Pittsburgh International Airport serves more than 8 million passengers annually on 16 carriers. During the past two years, the airport has increased its nonstop destinations more than 80 percent to include 68 airports. Air Transport World named Pittsburgh International its 2017 Airport of the Year. Travel + Leisure and Conde Nast both named Pittsburgh International a Top 10 Domestic Airport in 2016. In addition, TripAdvisor ranked Pittsburgh International Airport a Travelers’ Choice Favorite for Shopping in 2016.