COVID-19 Traveler Update
- The Allegheny County Health Department recommends a 14-day quarantine for those traveling out of state or to have two negative tests at least 48 hours apart for the quarantine to be lifted. Visit here for more information on the recommendations from the Allegheny County Health Department.
- To slow the spread of the coronavirus into the U.S., CDC is working with public health partners to implement new travel procedures announced in presidential proclamations.
- Foreign nationals who have visited China, Iran, European Schengen Area, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Brazil in the previous 14 days may not enter the U.S.
- American citizens and their families who have been in China, Iran or mainland Europe will be allowed to enter the U.S., but will be redirected to the airports currently designated to host health screening for travelers, of which PIT is NOT one.
- The CDC recommends avoiding all non-essential international travel.
- The virus outbreak has had a significant impact on the industry. Airlines are temporarily cutting international routes as demand has dropped around the globe.