Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) offers an uncongested and reliable option to move freight to and from North America. Located on direct interstate access halfway between Chicago and New York, PIT is an ideal location for suppliers, distributors, and logistics operations with the unique ability to reach over 120 million people within 500-miles of the airport.
Within a day’s truck drive of Pittsburgh, 45% of the Canadian and U.S. population is accessible, serving multiple metropolitan areas from just one airport. Through the interstate network, flexible operations, and the reduced congestion both on and off the airport, cargo operators have reduced their overall transit time from the departure airport to the final distribution center. PIT cargo operations are designed to save operators both time and money in the supply chain.
PIT for cargo operations offers unique features for operators looking for a more reliable and flexible operation:
- Low aircraft taxi times
- Reduced landing fees
- Flexible cargo operation with no slot or noise restrictions
- Three parallel runways for simultaneous operations – Longest runway is 11,500 ft (3,502m)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection staff on-site (U.S. Landing Rights Airport)
- All-Weather Operating Capabilities with CAT III Approaches
- Land adjacent to runway for development
- Existing cargo warehouse space available
- Located in Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) #33
- Multiple crew hotels and shopping options available nearby