Fees & Rates
Aircraft Landing Fees
Landing fees will be charged to all aircraft operating at Allegheny County Airport. Landing fees will be assessed at the time of departure and billed by Vector Airport Systems at the following rates:
- No landing fee for aircraft with gross weight under 5,000 lbs.
- $1.40 per 1,000 lbs. rounded for aircraft with a maximum landing weight (MLW) of 5,000 lbs. and above
- $7.00 flat fee for all helicopters
Federal, military, and Pennsylvania state aircraft are exempt from landing fees if they are FAA registered to a government entity.
Billing & Payments
Vector Airport Systems handles the billing and payments for the Landing Fee Program on behalf of the Allegheny County Airport. The Landing Fee Program assesses a fee based upon an aircraft’s departure. The fee is not a departure related fee. Vector’s system and technologies are able to provide the exact data for the Landing Fee Program.
Payments and Account Management
Vector’s self-service web portal (https://payment.planepass.com) allows operators to:
- Make credit card payments
- Update account information including email and postal mail addresses
- View most of Vector’s airports’ fee structures, Authorization to Bill letters, and W9s
- Enroll in electronic invoicing
- View account history
- View and download invoices to csv files for use in MS Excel
The portal login is based on your Vector invoice number and Vector operator ID.
American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted. There is a service provider processing fee of 3% of the total amount paid. This surcharge fee goes directly to the 3rd party credit card processor, not to Vector. This surcharge does not exceed the amount charged to Vector by the credit card processor.
- Vector does not keep credit card information on file and does not accept credit card information via email or fax.
- While credit card surcharges charged by “merchants”, “retailers”, or “sellers” are not allowed in some states, they are allowed when government and public entities charge them for the collection of taxes or fees (i.e., landing fees). Vector is not a “merchant”, “retailer”, or “seller” but an “agent” of the government entities (i.e., cities, towns, public authorities, et al) that operate the airports for which Vector collects landing fees and other aircraft operating fees. As such, the prohibition on charging credit card surcharges does not apply to the transaction.
Checks can be mailed to the remittance address shown in the upper left corner of the Vector invoice and MUST include the Invoice Number or Operator ID. Since Vector handles the billing for multiple airports, please make sure your payment is mailed to the airport payment address shown on the invoice. Vector’s online payment portal allows you to login and view any invoice issued by Vector.
Please email email@example.com to get banking details. Remittance information should also be sent to this email address.
For payment or billing inquiries, Vector can be reached at 888-588-0028 (x700 or Option 1) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their office hours are Monday through Friday 9 am to 5pm EST with most federal holidays observed as well as Christmas Eve and the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Authorization to Bill
To view the official Authorization to Bill letter, please click here.