Prior to travel, please ensure your baggage adheres to your respective airline’s policy on dimensions and allowance. Southern Airways passengers can view their allowance here, while Boutique Air passengers can view their allowance here.
For Southern Airways passengers, if your flight is booked through American Airlines or Alaska Air under a single reservation, your checked bags will be transferred automatically to your next flight.
For Boutique Air passengers, if your flight is booked through United Airlines or American Airlines under a single reservation, your checked bags will be transferred automatically to your next flight.
- If your connecting flight is booked on a separate reservation, please follow the steps below to claim and recheck your luggage.
- Deboard the plane and follow signage to baggage claim.
- Take the automated People Mover train to retrieve your bag from the baggage claim area on the first floor of the Landside Terminal.
- Take the elevator or escalator to the third floor and recheck your bag with the appropriate airline for your next flight.
- Follow signage to security and go back through the security checkpoint.
- Once you are back in the airside terminal, enjoy the many amenities of Pittsburgh International Airport as you wait for your next flight.